[CentOS] FreeNx doesn't work?

Sun Aug 15 16:04:45 UTC 2010
gaohu <tigerheight at gmail.com>

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:17 AM, gaohu <tigerheight at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed freenx with this article
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX
>
> but when I use freenx-client on windows to connect to server,
> I always get an "freenx Authentication failed."
You appear to have missed a step or configured the auth bits
incorrectly. The NX user is the user who authenticates via ssh, and
you authenticate via nx to the proper session. Go through the steps in
the wiki again carefully and double check the logs to see who you're
attempting to authenticate as. I'd bet you're trying to auth as your
user instead of as the nx user and since the wiki states that only the
nx user is authorized (via the AllowUsers nx statement) auth is
failing for that reason.
George Orwell

My config as follows:
1. config sshd config, I add
PasswordAuthentication no
        AllowUsers nx            ---> nx is not an actual user in my system.
2. add user, I config
 nxserver --add user gaohu  <--- gaohu is a common user on my system, and can connect via ssh with isa key
                               , (and password also works before I use ssh key to audit.)

 then re config sshd config file, set
 AllowUsers nx gaohu

 one thing I can not understand is sshd default use
/home/myuser/.ssh/authorized_keys, file
but nxserver generate the key at
 /home/myuser/.ssh/authorized_keys2 file, should I do other settingsin sshd config file to support this? 3.then I install the client and copy /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key file contentto the key window. That's all. but when I run nxserver --test ? I just got permission denied ? why? following is my sshd_config file, Could any one help? ========================================================= # $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.73 2005/12/06 22:38:28 reyk Exp $# This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file.  See# sshd_config(5) for more information.# This sshd was compiled with PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin# The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with# OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where# possible, but leave them commented.  Uncommented options change a# default value.#Port 22#Protocol 2,1Protocol 2#AddressFamily any#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0#ListenAddress ::# HostKey for protocol version 1#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key# HostKeys for protocol version 2#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key# Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key#KeyRegenerationInterval 1h#ServerKeyBits 768# Logging# obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging#SyslogFacility AUTHSyslogFacility AUTHPRIV#LogLevel INFO# Authentication:#LoginGraceTime 2m#PermitRootLogin yes#StrictModes yes#MaxAuthTries 6RSAAuthentication yesPubkeyAuthentication yesAuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys # For this to work you will also need host keys in /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts#RhostsRSAAuthentication no# similar for protocol version 2#HostbasedAuthentication no# Change to yes if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for# RhostsRSAAuthentication and HostbasedAuthentication#IgnoreUserKnownHosts no# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files#IgnoreRhosts yes# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!#PasswordAuthentication yes#PermitEmptyPasswords noPasswordAuthentication no        AllowUsers nx gaohu# Change to no to disable s/key passwords#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yesChallengeResponseAuthentication no# Kerberos options#KerberosAuthentication no#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes#KerberosTicketCleanup yes#KerberosGetAFSToken no# GSSAPI options#GSSAPIAuthentication noGSSAPIAuthentication yes#GSSAPICleanupCredentials yesGSSAPICleanupCredentials yes# Set this to 'yes' to enable PAM authentication, account processing, # and session processing. If this is enabled, PAM authentication will # be allowed through the ChallengeResponseAuthentication mechanism. # Depending on your PAM configuration, this may bypass the setting of # PasswordAuthentication, PermitEmptyPasswords, and # "PermitRootLogin without-password". If you just want the PAM account and # session checks to run without PAM authentication, then enable this but set # ChallengeResponseAuthentication=no#UsePAM noUsePAM yes# Accept locale-related environment variablesAcceptEnv LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES AcceptEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT AcceptEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL#AllowTcpForwarding yes#GatewayPorts no#X11Forwarding noX11Forwarding yes#X11DisplayOffset 10#X11UseLocalhost yes#PrintMotd yes#PrintLastLog yes#TCPKeepAlive yes#UseLogin no#UsePrivilegeSeparation yes#PermitUserEnvironment no#Compression delayed#ClientAliveInterval 0#ClientAliveCountMax 3#ShowPatchLevel no#UseDNS yes#PidFile /var/run/sshd.pid#MaxStartups 10#PermitTunnel no#ChrootDirectory none# no default banner path#Banner /some/path# override default of no subsystemsSubsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server ==========================================================