[CentOS] FreeNx doesn't work?

Sun Aug 15 16:24:44 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

gaohu wrote:
> I have installed freenx with this article
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX
>
> but when I use freenx-client on windows to connect to server,
> I always get an "freenx Authentication failed."
>
> client err log output as this:
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 1584
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.253.5 on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.
>
> My sshd configed as use rsa key, and ssh soft like xshell can work well.
>
> nxsetup output as this: Pleas care the following red commented two line.
> I just think this is the point.
> But why , and what shoud I do to solver ?

It doesn't use your key - it connects as the nx user first.  All you should have
to do is push the 'key' button when configuring the client for that host and
paste in the contents of /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key from the server.
Unlike the commercial server, freenx generates a unique key for each host.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com