[CentOS] Yum broken after x86_64 upgrade

Mon Aug 16 00:30:31 UTC 2010
listmail <listmail at entertech.com>

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:20:41 -0700, Mark wrote

> It might help if you gave us some real information, like what
> hardware you're running, which actual version of CentOS and the
> kernel you are
> (and were) running, etc.  Otherwise we're stabbing for a needle in a
> haystack.
>
> I don't ever remember running a 'yum update' when I was using the
> 32-bit version and having it update me to a 64-bit kernel.  I had to
> make that choice on my own first.

Hardware: Supermicro with Intel 64-bit CPU

The OS was CentOS 5.3 32-bit. I upgraded with the CentOS 5.5 x86_64 DVD, as
stated earlier. I did not do the upgrade using yum, the upgrade broke yum.

Cheers,
--Bill