[CentOS] Need tip on an inexpensive printer for college student using CentOS 5.5

Mon Aug 16 22:57:32 UTC 2010
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

  On 08/16/10 2:00 PM, Ed Donahue wrote:
> *I'd* suggest getting the $250 Brother model I got, HL-5370DW, I just

aftermarket toners work great in Brother B&W lasers, too, even cheaper
per page cost.  I got this tip from a friend who did IT while in the
USCG, they use Brother printers exclusively (lowest bidder) and the
cheapest bulk supplies they could get, and had no problems with the
printers.

On my MFC-74345N (a networked all-in-one I got at Costco a couple years
ago), I get about 2000 pages per $20 toner, and 6 toners per $50 drum.
This is so much cheaper than HP printers its not funny.   This MFC is a
great fax machine, scanner (can scan multipage documents directly to a
PDF, my wife loves that part) too.