[CentOS] how to use dhcpd and bind with windows 2008 ad domain model?

Tue Aug 17 17:27:35 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 8/17/2010 1:06 PM, nux at li.nux.ro wrote:
> Eero Volotinen writes:
>
>> This might be a bit offtopic, but:
>>
>> How to run bind and dhcpd as slave on windows 2008 ad domain.
>>
>> Is it possible?
>>

> Eero,
>
> Yeah, bit offtopic. Would like to see this answered on a M$ ml (do they
> even have them?). AFAIK Bind runs on Windows (when I tried it installed and
> ran fine apparently) and should be able to do transfers. No idea how the
> Windows machine being an AD might change this (don't ADs run DNS by
> default?).
> No experience with isc dhcpd on Windows.

Bind (running on anything) should be able to slave a zone to a windows
dns server or AD just following standards.   I don't think there is an
equivalent for dhcp failover but you could probably run it on two Centos
servers with the clients registering with the AD server's DNS.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com