[CentOS] Which disk file format are you used in removable disk between xp and linux ?

Fri Aug 20 06:10:56 UTC 2010
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 8/20/10, ganu MailList <ganu4maillist at gmail.com> wrote:
> The centos can not recognize the NTFS  file format and my xp system can
> not  format the removable disk to fat32.
>
> Which the disk format are you used if you want to share the data between xp
> and linux system?

I usually use FAT32 since it can be read by Linux/Windows/Mac without
problems. This is assuming no single file is expected to be over 4GB.
If you are having problems with XP formatting the disk to FAT32
because it refuses to do so for "large" disks, simply use CentOS or a
DOS bootdisk to do the partitioning and formatting.

Of course if you need to store files bigger than 4GB, then best to use
Akemi's suggestion.