[CentOS] tools one could to use to troubleshoot for Apache

Fri Aug 20 18:25:02 UTC 2010
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Agnello George
<agnello.dsouza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a question , Suppose i had a client tell me that  he can access the web
> page but it takes long time to view  the pages

Ooh, a hypothetical client, who hypothetically is paying you to test
hypotheticals?

  the website is a static
> website ( suppose this website does not server dynamic data  or does not
> connect to a database )... what would one check other than :
> the server load  ( cat /proc/loadaverage )  ,
>  the Apache logs  ,
>  the number of client connection ( netstat -tupln |grep :80 |wc -l )

You're not looking at a problem, as the page is being served up. It's
just being served up slow. Stop thinking problem (unless the logs are
showing you one) and start looking at tuning.
Have you done any sort of performance tuning at all? I might
hypothetically consider googling for performance tuning guides for
httpd.

> how would i know if it a client side  issue or a server side issue ........
Benchmark it on the server, on a box on the same local network, then
on a remote box on a distant network.

George Orwell