[CentOS] Slow domain resolution problem

Wed Aug 25 12:26:50 UTC 2010
Gabriel Tabares <gabriel.tabares at roboreus.com>

> Not sure if it is RDNS.
>
> I had similar issues on Fedora, and for me it was to do with IP6.
>
> Konqueror web browser took ages to load a page. IIRC Firefox handled
> it OK.
>
> Try Googling for 'uninstalling ipv6 linux'

I already tried that. The /etc/sysconfig/network has the IPV6_ENABLE=no.
Disabling the ip6 modules is not feasible, as the bonding module depends
on it.

> Another thing is how many DNS IP addresses do you have in
> /etc/resolv.conf?
I don't have an ISP DNS,  but the address of the internal DNS server,
which has all the mappings for our domain.

Thanks for your help, I'll keep on trying :)

Regards,

Gabriel