[CentOS] PAM_shield locking me out?

Wed Aug 25 15:15:32 UTC 2010
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Rob Kampen wrote:

> Yesterday I installed pam_shield and followed the testing suggested and
> thought all was well.
> today I find that I cannot get to my email account, I can login via ssh okay
> (uses keys) but su and sudo give
> segmentation faults. I am guessing due to the pam module causing a problem.
> As I cannot do remote login as root and sudo and su use pam I appear to have
> locked myself out.

I have not encountered this issue. And I have been using it on 32bit and
64bit machines with RHEL4 and RHEL5. I guess it must be related to a
configuration issue somewhere. Not good though.

Was this with the 0.9.2 release, or the 0.9.3 release ?

Please provide this information to the author, he might help you find the
cause and fix it in pam_shield.

Thanks for reporting,