[CentOS] Updates offered annoyance

Thu Aug 26 02:22:10 UTC 2010
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>

On 26/08/10 00:03, Todd Denniston wrote:
> And if you are maintaining more than one machine at home, you need to realize that you don't need to
> waste the time twice to update the same thing on two machines.  Assuming your home machines are
> networked together.

Good Point.  I run a 'fat' squid proxy on my network so updates only get
downloaded once.  Disk space is cheap.  Just need to increase the cache
size (mine set at 50G) and max file size limit (have mine set at ~400M)
and configure yum to use the proxy (or use a transparent proxy).

This also makes it easy to stage and test updates.

Kal