[CentOS] cfengine vs. puppet

Sat Aug 28 20:02:17 UTC 2010
Jim Wildman <jim at rossberry.com>

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, Gabriel Tabares wrote:

> Have you looked into bcfg2? Of all the options have looked into, it
> looks like the best for what I want.
>
> My experience with Spacewalk is that is not ready yet and that it takes
> too much effort to set it up. It will probably be worth it but I can't
> dedicate the time it would take to set it up.

One should also note that it requires the use of the 'free beer' version
of Oracle which has space limitations.  From my experiments, I think it
would top out in the low 100's of boxes (ie, < 500).  Course if you have
more than that, you probably have an Oracle license anyway.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim at rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine