[CentOS] Remote nautilus, X display forwarding problem

Sat Aug 7 11:44:31 UTC 2010
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 15:49, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net> wrote:
> Give me a temporary login (sent directly via email) as
> user at CentOS-55-32-minimal, and I'll see if I can login and run Nautilus from
> here.
>
> Are there any other X apps that you can run on the remote box that will work
> over ssh -X ?

Thanks, Keith. I cannot reproduce the issue, but if it crops up again
(ie, if the problem wasn't bkac) then I'll ping you. Thanks.

> If you ran the following from bash:
>
> ✈dcl:~$ xhost + localhost
> localhost being added to access control list
> ✈dcl:~$ ssh -X user at ip.address
>
> There should be a file in your dcl home directory, called .bash_history .
> Each command you type at the bash prompt will be saved to that file,
> including any command line options.

My local machine has history disabled, due to an unrelated issue.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com