[CentOS] how to check the number of thread on apache server

Sun Aug 22 16:31:55 UTC 2010
Chuck Munro <chuckm at seafoam.net>

> Subject: Re: [CentOS] how to check the number of thread on apache
> 	server
> To: CentOS mailing list<centos at centos.org>
>
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Kwan Lowe<kwan.lowe at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Agnello George
>> <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> how to check the number of thread? on my ? Apache server? ,? is there a
>>> specific command , and how do i increase these threads ..
>>>

> If you are talking about worker threads. Turn on server-status in the
> httpd.conf (make sure security is set correctly),  and check
> http://serverip/server-status.

Slightly OT ....  FWIW ....

One quick-and-dirty way to check threads for any process is to use the
ncurses-based 'htop' utility.  I much prefer this to 'top' for several
reasons, including its ability to hide/display kernel threads,
hide/display user threads (in a different color if you like), display
with vertical and horizontal scrolling, assign processor affinity on the
fly, ptrace/strace processes, and a lot more.

It's in Dag Wieers' rpmforge repository for CentOS.

The suggestions offered in this discussion are all very useful with
regard to tuning Apache.

Chuck