[CentOS] Samsung CLP-325W network connection?

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Dec 1 02:19:21 UTC 2010

fred smith wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 07:50:45PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Anyone got this working over a LAN under CentOS?
>> The instructions claim it is easy to connect
>> after pressing the WPS button on printer and router.
>>
>> Sadly, I don't see a WPS button on my Linksys WRT54GL router.
>
> I'm not at home right now where I can go look, but I think MY wrt54gl
> has a WPS button. I've never found a use for it,

I've looked carefully, and I'm pretty sure there is no such button
on my WRT54GL; the only button is called Reset.

> As someone else has already suggested, if you can access the printer
> via hard-wired network, you can set it up the way you want instead
> of the way some marketing-droid thinks he'd like you to do it.

I've installed the UnifiedLinuxDriver_1.07 from Samsung,
and this allows me to setup (and use) the printer
after connecting to my router with ethernet,
and then I can access the printer web-page
at the IP address (192.168.2.33) given by dhcpd on my LAN.

Unfortunately this web-page does not indicate any way
of connecting the printer by WiFi.

It seems to me that I shall have to run Windows on my server,
at least temporarily, to setup this printer as a WiFi device.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net