[CentOS] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 03:15:50 UTC 2010

On 12/7/10 9:02 PM, Ryan Wagoner wrote:

>> Well in fact I don't think that will even work with the present URL
>> rules. Just on a lark I clicked on your string, and my firefox
>> interpreted it as http://3ffe:1900. Unless there's a special http
>> protocol string for ipv6?
>>
>> Tony
>
> Since : is used to denote the port you must put the IPv6 address in brackets.
>
> http://[3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf]/

Thunderbird doesn't make that a clickable link.  Since the change to ipv6 is
pretty much inevitable and probably most things will eventually work out, maybe
we should focus on the little things (like programs not recognizing the
addresses in various contexts) that are going to cause pain during the transition.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com