[CentOS] {SOLVED}Re: Yum Updates dependencies missing (rpmforge)

Lanny Marcus

Tue Dec 14 11:46:57 UTC 2010

> There are updates available, for the below multimedia packages (CentOS
> 5.5, 32 bit), but I'm getting missing dependency errors from yum
> update for these.
<snip>
>From the time the problem began, it had to do with

Error: Missing Dependency: libx264.so.68 is needed by package
cinelerra-2.1-0.15.20070108.el5.rf.i386 (installed)

However, cinelerra was *never* one of the packages set to be updated.
It always hung, on the Missing Dependency: libx264.so.68  for
cinelerra

I am not using cinelerra at this time, so I removed it this morning:

  cinelerra.i386 0:2.1-0.15.20070108.el5.rf

After that, I was able to yum update the box, with no issues.

There is probably a much more proper way to have gotten around this
issue, but this box is fully updated again. Thanks to everyone who
replied in this thread!