[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Dec 15 18:53:10 UTC 2010

On Monday, December 13, 2010 07:11:40 pm R P Herrold wrote:
> One could do ** much worse ** than Lua (the rantings of the
> MSFT fanboi here for the patent encumbered kit, not shipped on
> CentOS, such as C# come to mind)

Or Intercal, although it's not in the repos.

Which reminds me of my favorite funny line in an RPM description, on Fedora now:
[root at localhost ~]# rpm -qi moserial
Name        : moserial                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
[snip]

Description :
Moserial is a clean, friendly gtk-based serial terminal for the gnome
desktop. It is written in Vala for extra goodness.

:-O (!!??!?!?!?)  And while moserial (and cutecom) have their definite uses (I have used both), to have the language it's written in as part of the description beggars the imagination....