[CentOS] Building packages using RPMBUILD

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Dec 19 22:37:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, JohnS wrote:

> From: JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Building packages using RPMBUILD
>

> On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 13:46 +0000, Keith Roberts wrote:
>
>> http://www.karsites.net/centos/downloads/5.5/qps-1.9.18.6-1.i386.rpm
>
> You should have a /5/
>                                  /x86_64
>                                 /i386
>                                 /SRPMS
> Structure to the directories, with a "createrepo" on them.
>
> The SRPM form Fedora 9, qps-1.9.19-0.2.b.fc7.src.rpm will build also
> with out a hitch.  You go higher than Fedora 9 you in for a rude
> awakening,  Don't try building a 32 bit version under a multilib system.
> "Qt4-make" is needed and major work needed to build the newer.
>
> Rawhide laughed :-)
>
> You made a key?rpm --import, rpm --sign then:
> rpm -Kvv
> rpm --checkig

Thanks for the guidance John.

This is not meant to be a repository - just a temporary
place to upload some rpms I build.

My main development machine is still down, so I'm just
testing a few things out ATM on my laptop, which is where I
built the Centos 5.5 qps binary rpm.

You only have to point rpm or yum (or use wget) to download
and then install the qps rpm locally.

I'm with you on the later versions of Fedora packages not
working on Centos 5.5

Running Centos 5.5 is very similar IMO to running Fedora 8.

Kind Regards,

Keith

> John

in practice they are not.