[CentOS] Samsung CLP-325W network connection?

Wed Dec 1 02:55:19 UTC 2010
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 02:19:21AM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> fred smith wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 07:50:45PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> >> Anyone got this working over a LAN under CentOS?
> >> The instructions claim it is easy to connect
> >> after pressing the WPS button on printer and router.
> >>
> >> Sadly, I don't see a WPS button on my Linksys WRT54GL router.
> >
> > I'm not at home right now where I can go look, but I think MY wrt54gl
> > has a WPS button. I've never found a use for it,
>
> I've looked carefully, and I'm pretty sure there is no such button
> on my WRT54GL; the only button is called Reset.

I'm at home now, so I just took a look at my wrt54gl and you're
right, nothing labeled WPS. but it has something labeled "easy
secure setup" which may , or may not, be the same thing. whatever
it is, I've never used it.

> > As someone else has already suggested, if you can access the printer
> > via hard-wired network, you can set it up the way you want instead
> > of the way some marketing-droid thinks he'd like you to do it.
>
> I've installed the UnifiedLinuxDriver_1.07 from Samsung,
> and this allows me to setup (and use) the printer
> after connecting to my router with ethernet,
> and then I can access the printer web-page
> at the IP address (192.168.2.33) given by dhcpd on my LAN.
>
> Unfortunately this web-page does not indicate any way
> of connecting the printer by WiFi.
>
> It seems to me that I shall have to run Windows on my server,
> at least temporarily, to setup this printer as a WiFi device.

there's gotta be a way. or one would think so. Does the MFG
provide any user forums where you might find a solution?

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked