[CentOS] centos 5.5 - using mp3

Wed Dec 1 23:40:42 UTC 2010
Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>

On Dec 1, 2010, at 4:25 PM, Johan Scheepers <johansche at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> Scot P. Floess wrote:
>> Well - really isn't it all in what tool makes the most sense for the job
>> at hand?  If one doesn't need the latest and greatest - CentOS as a
>> desktop is super stable...
>>
>> Don't get me wrong, I like Fedora...but still :)

>>> Until a year from now. When it is again well behind faster moving desktop
>>> distros.
>>>

> ok
> I have tried..
> suse 11.3  very nice
> ubuntu 10.10  ok
> fedora 14 very nice
> debian squeeze  very very nice
> centos 5.5  i386  love it
> Want to try x86_64.. laptop is capable will see

Run x86_64 as my workstation at work and everything works as advertised, though I use 32-bit firefox for max plugin compatibility. Don't need 64-bit address space for web browsing, if a page doesn't fit in under 3GB of memory (ahem... Cisco, 1000 page web page? Really? Ever heard of a TOC?), then it ain't worth browsing to.

-Ross