[CentOS] XFS or EXT3 ?

Fri Dec 3 18:42:25 UTC 2010
Matty <matty91 at gmail.com>

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net> wrote:
> There was a similar thread about which is the best FS for
> Centos.
>
> I'm using ext3, and wondered if XFS would be more 'data
> safe' than ext3.

If your work load doesn't dictate the use of XFS, I would personally
stick with EXT3. It's the default file system on thousands and
thousands of machines, so I would be willing to bet that the
widespread deployment of EXT3 would flush out show stopping bugs
rather quickly. There was a thread discussing this on the LKML a while
back. You might try searching there to get feedback from the folks who
actually write the file systems.

- Ryan
--
http://prefetch.net