[CentOS] # chkconfig: kill at run level 3

Sun Dec 5 15:50:53 UTC 2010
Robert Spangler <mlists at zoominternet.net>

On Friday 03 December 2010 19:30, Michael D. Berger wrote:

>  In the control script of my daemon in /etc/init.d?, I have
>     # chkconfig: 35 97 3
>
>  The result of this is that I have links:
>     /etc/rc.d/rc1.d/K03...
>     /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S97...
>     /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S97...
>
>  As mentioned in a previous thread, my complex daemon throws
>  an exception when I shutdown.  Perhaps things might be better
>  if I had:
>     /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K03...
>
>  Might this be a good idea?  If so, how can I make it happen
>  automatically?

Check /etc/rc.d/rc6.d and insure that you have K??yourscriptname in there.  It
looks like your script demon was setup to be run but was never properly setup
to be shut down.  When shutting down the system the system is switched to run
level 6.

--

Regards
Robert