[CentOS] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

Mon Dec 6 13:28:44 UTC 2010

On 12/06/2010 01:22 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> I'm curios as who know whether everyone is ready for the changeover to
>> IPV6?
>> Is anyone using it in production already, and what are your experiences with it?

generic questions like that are more suited to ipv6 centric lists.  if
you are looking for specific CentOS centric ipv6 experience - yes, it
works. I've got about 2 dozen machines on native ipv6 only for
$VariousWork stuff, and almost all of my own personal kit runs dual stack.

> Yes, dual-stack, internally.  It works fine;  it is certainly nicer to
> manage than IPv4.  Nearly everything supports it at this point.

I agree, having used ipv6 for a few years now : much easier to manage
than ipv4 and way more functional.

- KB