[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

Tue Dec 14 00:08:03 UTC 2010
Benjamin Franz <jfranz at freerun.com>

On 12/13/2010 03:49 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> I doubt if there are a lot that can simultaneously think in procedural
> and object concepts, though.  Someone who learns that code and data are
> different things and that data is not to be trusted will have a hard
> time dealing with objects where the only way to access data is to
> execute code associated with it.

I don't know about that. I started on Apple Integer BASIC back in 1980,
dropped to assembly on multiple platforms, and eventually ended up doing
OO style design in Perl in the 90s *before* it officially had OO. I
remember my sister commenting something to the effect that I seemed to
design code mentally in OO styles regardless of the actual
implementation language a decade or so ago.

--
Benjamin Franz