[CentOS] Binding rsyslogd to specific ip address

Tue Dec 14 13:41:36 UTC 2010
Bob Beers <bob.beers at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:22 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Somebody knows how can I bind rsyslogd to a specific ip adress?? I have two
> different interfaces on a centos5.5 host and I need to bind rsyslog to only one.

Hi CL,

I looked here: <http://wiki.rsyslog.com/index.php/Very_simple_config_--_starting_point_for_modifications>
and read this:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

$ModLoad immark
$ModLoad imudp
$ModLoad imtcp
$ModLoad imuxsock
$ModLoad imklog

# I also wanted to be able to receive syslog traffic

$UDPServerAddress 0.0.0.0
$UDPServerRun 514
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Over here <http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v3compatibility.html>:
I read this:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The following example configures an UDP syslog server at the local
address 192.0.2.1 on port 514:

$ModLoad imudp
$UDPServerAddress 192.0.2.1 # this MUST be before the $UDPServerRun directive!
$UDPServerRun 514

"$UDPServerAddress *" means listen on all local interfaces. This is
the default if no directive is specified.

Please note that now multiple listeners are supported. For example,
you can do the following:

$ModLoad imudp
$UDPServerAddress 192.0.2.1 # this MUST be before the $UDPServerRun directive!
$UDPServerRun 514
$UDPServerAddress * # all local interfaces
$UDPServerRun 1514

These config file settings run two listeners: one at 192.0.2.1:514 and
one on port 1514, which listens on all local interfaces.

HTH,
-Bob