[CentOS] centos 5.5 x64 bit issues on sun blade X6270 SERVER MODULE

Thu Dec 16 18:31:47 UTC 2010

sylvan.dcunha at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
> I did run system-config-network and selected the card as ast-ASpeedTech
> chipsets since my lspci says i have a
> 20:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics
> Family (rev 10)
<snip>
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> dlopen: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/ast_drv.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS32
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/ast_drv.so
> (EE) Failed to load module "ast" (loader failed, 7)
> (EE) No drivers available.

Ok, so the driver in /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/ is actually a 32-bit
driver, not a 64 bit one. Something's wrong there, and that shouldn't
happen.
<snip>
> then i did change the driver to vesa and running startx shows me as below
<snip>
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> (EE) VESA(0): No valid modes
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
<snip>
Try deleting /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and then fire up system-config-display.
Let it generate a completely new one. Then you might look at that file in
your favorite editor, and see if it makes sense.

Unless you've got more than one monitor, it should have one monitor, one
screen, and one videocard.

           mark