[CentOS] Best way to set up for PHP websites

Sat Dec 18 07:53:48 UTC 2010
Geoff Galitz <geoff at galitz.org>

>>Is there a how-to somewhere on getting php running with nginx?  I would love to get that working.

http://wiki.nginx.org/PHPFcgiExample

We have around a dozen systems running in this configuration and it works well.  They are among our lowest maintenance and highest performing sites that we have.   Note that there is an fcgi package available (in EPEL, possibly also in rpmforge) which takes care of most of the configuration for you.  You primarily need to pay attention to the nginx config and then make sure the fcgi service is running.

Good luck.