[CentOS] Intel NIC

Thu Dec 23 15:26:34 UTC 2010
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com>

>> I can confirm the socket/cpu limitation is at least 8, at least on
>> ESXi 3.x. I have an 8 core IBM x445 running on a free license. :-)
>
> The free and essentials licensing is restricted to max 2 sockets, max 6 cores a socket.

The vSphere Essentials license is limited to 3 servers of 2 sockets w/
6core CPU's each. I have two sites right now running on licensed
editions.

The ESX/ESXi host is limited to a maximum of 32 logical (sockets x
cores x hyperthreading) CPUs. The free license only allows access
through the vSphere client and all other features such as
vMotion/vStorage/HA are disabled. Otherwise the host's hardware limits
are the same.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie