[CentOS] Grub boot loader?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 08:33:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:24 AM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear All
> > On my CentOS server , the '/boot/grub/menu.lst' has the right
> configuration
> > but when I reboot my CentOS server I cannot enter to grub edit menu to
> edit
> > my boot kernel by pressing the 'e' key . Can you please confirm if I can
> > activate it through issuing the followings :
> > #grub-install /dev/hdax
> > Is it a safe procedure to try with? Please confirm.
> > Thank you
> >

> Are you starting with a <space> to interrupt the boot?
>
> Have you tried editing it using a normal editor (vi or emacs) as root
> while the system is up?
>
> What exactly are you trying to do?
>
> mhr

Thanks for your message . When I reboot my CentOS server I see the the menu
with a timer but I cannot enter to edit my boot kernel by pressing 'e' key .
Then the timer will expire and the boot process will begin . I want to be
able to edit my kernel through grub edit so I asked if I can try for
'grub-install /dev/hdax' w/o any harm on my CentOS server . Do you mean I
can edit my '/boot/grub/menu.lst' by vi the same as I want to do inside my
grub edit ? Are they the same procedures ? Please confirm.