[CentOS] Trying to rebuild srpm from fedora....

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Feb 1 16:32:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Tom Bishop wrote:

> So I am trying to rebuild this source rpm from fedora
> 10, shutter-0.85.1-1.fc10.src.rpm -its a screen capture application (
> http://shutter-project.org/ )  that I have been unable to find in any repos,
> although it is in the fedora repos. Thought I would give it a go and try to
> rebuild the rpm, so here is the error that I am getting:
>

> + desktop-file-install --delete-original --dir
> /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications
> /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications/shutter.desktop
> Must specify the vendor namespace for these files with --vendor
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.38313 (%install)
>

> Anyone have any tips or 2x4 :) to point me in the right direction I would
> appreciate it, thanks.  Oh yeah, running centos 5.4 i386 arch, thanks again.

As someone else said, at the very least you need to edit the spec to define
a vendor. IMO the better way is to setup mock and use it to (re)build all
of your rpms. That way you can for the most part, use the fedora specs out of
the box.

I have numerous rpms that are not found in CentOS that are in fedora. Most of
them rebuild without modification in mock on CentOS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl       tdiehl at rogueind.com      Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com