[CentOS] kickstart installation from usb key

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 13:54:17 UTC 2010

From: Georghy <fusco at wanagain.net>
> what i have done :
> creating a fat 32 partition on my USB key (4 GB)
> tagging it with boot flag
> copy MBR on the key :
> dd if=/dev/sdb of=/tmp/mbr_sdb.bin bs=512 count=1
> Using syslinux :
> syslinux /dev/sdb1

Your dd command seems to be reversed...
You are taking the MBR from the key and putting it into a file...
Instead of: dd if=/usr/share/syslinux/mbr.bin of=/dev/sdb
Anyway, from your error message, you seem to start to boot...
Did you modify your syslinux.cfg to have something like this?
  append initrd=initrd.img ks=hd:sdb2:/ks/ks.cfg method=hd:sdb2:/where_my_centos_iso_files_are
Did you copy the CentOS ISO file(s) in /where_my_centos_iso_files_are/?

JD