[CentOS] kickstart installation from usb key

Georghy fusco at wanagain.net
Tue Feb 2 16:03:17 UTC 2010

John Doe a écrit :
> From: Georghy <fusco at wanagain.net>
>
>> I had to ks.cfg :
>> ignoredisk --drives=sdb
>> because we don't want anaconda to write mbr on the key
>>
>> harddrive --partition=sdb1 --dir=iso
>> sdb1 as one FAT32 partition so it's sdb1 in the directory iso
>>
>> bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=sda,sdb
>>
>> on syslinux.cfg :
>>
>> label kickstart
>>   kernel vmlinuz
>>   append initrd=initrd.img  ks=hd:sdb1:/ks/ks.cfg method=hd:sdb1:/iso
>>

> If I understand correctly, you did not do 2 partitions like in the wiki...
> Never tried with only one big Fat32 partition... so might not be able to help you.
> I don't see the /iso directory in your tree, and again neither the CentOS iso files.
>
> JD

I am trying to create 2 diffrent partition like in the wiki
the first one fat32 10Mio
the second one ext2 the rest

on the fat32 partition i only have syslinux.cfg
on the ext2 partition the following tree :

/media/disk-1
|-- CentOS
|   `-- all my rpms
|-- TRANS.TBL
|-- boot.cat
|-- boot.msg
|-- general.msg
|-- images
|   |-- README
|   |-- TRANS.TBL
|   |-- boot.iso
|   |-- diskboot.img
|   |-- minstg2.img
|   |-- pxeboot [error opening dir]
|   |-- stage2.img
|   `-- xen [error opening dir]
|-- initrd.img
|-- iso
|   `-- custom.iso
|-- ks
|   |-- TRANS.TBL
|   `-- ks.cfg
|-- ldlinux.sys
|-- lost+found
|-- memtest
|-- options.msg
|-- package-ipbx
|   `-- post install packages
|-- param.msg
|-- repodata
|   |-- TRANS.TBL
|   |-- comps.xml
|   |-- filelists.xml.gz
|   |-- other.xml.gz
|   |-- primary.xml.gz
|   `-- repomd.xml
|-- rescue.msg
|-- splash.lss
|-- syslinux.cfg
`-- vmlinuz

My CentOS iso file is : custom.iso
It is a custom CentOS distro that i have made and it worked perfectly on
my Virtual Machine on virtual box

sorry for my Directory tree it wasn't up to date

Am I right ?

--
Greetings,
Georghy FUSCO