[CentOS] atime, relatime query

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:37:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am aware that mounting filesystems with noatime option greatly
> increases speed.
>
> I have tried to follow discussion on the pros and cons of using noatime.
>
> I have however not been able to mount with the option relatime in centos 5.2.

The relatime option seems to have some issue at this moment:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-July/079698.html

The patch was offered by a forum user and it was proposed to be
included in the centosplus kernel.  However, that did not work out.
All the details are here:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3956

Akemi