[CentOS] Virtualization software to install Windows as guest on CentOS 5 as host ?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:14:42 UTC 2010

> No no no not kvm
> Vmware are the best

Yes and No. Each has their own strengths and their own weaknesses.

I use ESXi in production because the smaller footprint and 3rd party
tools I have make management & backup exceptionally simple to use. I'm
also supporting a mixed Windows / Linux shop so I already have a
Windows PC that runs the management apps. Only thing I don't like is
not being able to log into VM's from the console, something I can do
with KVM/Xen.

I'm playing around with KVM and Xen at home because the host in each
case is my home PCs. I use them because I have a few tools I use as a
student that only run on Windows, and my wife isn't fully converted to
Linux yet. :-)

--
Drew

--Marie Curie