[CentOS] Virtualization software to install Windows as guest on CentOS 5 as host ?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:52:16 UTC 2010

On 2/4/2010 9:47 AM, Drew wrote:
>> I know nothing about vmware and virtualbox on this score.
>
> VMware ESX(i) has their own set of optimized drivers for disks (and
> Lan). Forget the names off the top but they are paravirtualised and
> are available for Linux&  Windows.

Yes, if someone is starting from scratch with this setup they should
seriously consider running ESXi natively on the hardware and run Centos
and windows guests under it instead of one OS native and the other
virtualized.  The performance and management tools are very good,
considering that it is free as long as you don't want to manage them in
clusters.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com