[CentOS] Clustering

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:55:19 UTC 2010

Bo Lynch wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with KVM or OpenVZ? If I can stick to
> something that is not proprietary that would be great. I didn't realize
> there were so many options. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
> Bo

Philosophically, I don't see how running on ESXi virtualization is any more or
less proprietary than running on IBM (Dell, etc.) hardware  directly.  Unless
you are just being pedantic about it, the main thing to consider is whether or
not you could move your application elsewhere easily if you had to live without
the unique proprietary features of any platform.  And you can, if you pay
attention to how things work.  In fact there is some standardization being done
in the virtual containers, and I'd assume VMware is a leader in that.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com