[CentOS] VMWare ESXi & CentOS5.4

Michael Dross mdross at wright-weather.com
Fri Feb 5 21:19:29 UTC 2010

Vmware tools installed the pvscsi library. But does not automatically
reconfigure the boot/kernel to use it.

Here is a good web page that explains the steps to remake the initrd. Once
you have done that under settings in
the vSphere Client change the SCSI controller setting to Paravirtual.  I
think that the pvscsi lib will be included
in a forth coming linux kernel tree, which will make having to add this
manually, obsolete. Not sure when that will
be. I wish VMware would automate this as part of the install or P2V process.