[CentOS] Syslog for chroot-jailed SFTP users?

Lincoln Zuljewic Silva lincolnzsilva at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 23:18:15 UTC 2010

Each user has their own jail?

I solved a similar issue with jail and syslog adding a "-a
/home/jail/dev/log" parameter to syslog startup.

>From the syslogd man page:
       -a socket
              Using this argument you can specify additional sockets from that
              syslogd has to listen to.  This is needed if you're going to let
              some daemon run within a chroot() environment.  You can  use  up
              to  19 additional sockets.  If your environment needs even more,
              you have to increase the symbol MAXFUNIX  within  the  syslogd.c
              source  file.   An example for a chroot() daemon is described by
              the          people          from           OpenBSD           at
              http://www.psionic.com/papers/dns.html.

Regards
Lincoln