[CentOS] Launch many scripts with reboot

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:48:33 UTC 2010

On 2/11/2010 9:56 AM, Georghy wrote:

>>> I use .bash_profile and it works great
>>>
>>> for now i want to display the computer IP adress just before the user login
>>>
>>> my command is :
>>> ifconfig | grep "inet addr" | awk '{print $2}' | sed s/addr:// | head -n 1
>>> and it works after logon
>>> but I want to display it before the user logon
>>> do you know how to do this ?
>>>

>> The same commands work but the hard part is knowing where to display before
>> someone logs in.  Is this a text console or do you have a graphic login box showing?
>>
>> And by the way, you don't need a pipeline of 4 commands to grab a bit of text.
>> Sed can do everything that grep does and more, awk can do anything sed can do.
>> If you use one of the more powerful commands you might as well let it do all the
>> work instead of building a pipeline.
>>

> I want to display the IP adress of the computer for the user
> then he knows what IP use in order to launch a ssh connection
> In addition, we want to display it after a kickstart installation
> so I want to put this command in the kickstart
> then after the installation reboot it can display the IP adress of the
> computer

You didn't answer the question.  _Where_ do you want to display this IP
address?  Before login there is no output stream or location associated
with a user - or really even for the machine, although there is some
concept of a console where output lands during bootup for most machines.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com