[CentOS] what causes CUPS to dis-enable a printer?

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Fri Feb 12 00:57:53 UTC 2010

Wouldnt it be much better to use the "backend error handler"??

instead of placing "socket://192.168.168.168:9100" into the device
address you place "beh:/1//3/5/socket://192.168.168.168:9100" into
the device address.

The backend error handler is described here:

  http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/database/backenderrorhandler

I use it all the time with a variety of printers and servers (not all servers
and not all printers need it).

JObst