[CentOS] HP Proliant ML150 : how do I access disks ?

Nickolay Bunev just4nick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:49:19 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 04:35 PM, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Nickolay Bunev a écrit :
>
>> I don't know about ML's but with DL series CentOS don't have any
>> problems at all and with seeing disks in particular. So I presume that
>> Rainer is absolutely right. You have to build an array first.
>> Check this link
>> http://docs.hp.com/en/9320/acu.pdf
>
> This document relates to a working server with a working Windows 2003
> Server installation (as the array utility is for that platform).
>
> The Proliant Server I have here is shipped "as is", with a handful of
> disks. And I have no idea where to start for installing Linux.

My mistake. I thought that the document has information about
configuring the array itself in the beginning. Nevertheless it's not
only about Windows, it's about hpacucli which is very useful tool.
As Jim said are there any messages when you turn on the server.
Check every option in BIOS which mentions RAID, arrays or SATA
HP have very good documentation - search about:
HP ProLiant ML150 Series Server User Guide
HP ProLiant ML150 Maintenance and Service Guide
Configuring Arrays on HP Smart Array Controllers Reference Guide