[CentOS] CentOS and Bash History

Robert Spangler mlists at zoominternet.net
Fri Feb 19 17:30:33 UTC 2010

I was wondering if bash or inputrc has changed form CentOS v4 to CentOS v5?
Reason I ask is at the bash cli I can type, for example 'su' and then with
the up and down arrows I can scroll through my history and will only see the
commands that begin with 'su'.  In CentOS 5 this isn't the case.

I have added some code to my inputrc file to make this work in CentOS 4 as

# Search History for previous used commands

And this works well in CentOS 4 but I cannot get it to work in CentOS 5.
Anyone know why or what I have to change?

Linux User #296285