[CentOS] mail issue help and need good mail server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 18:43:44 UTC 2010

On 2/19/2010 12:26 PM, chloe K wrote:
> Hi
>
> What mail server can prevent incoming mail to repeat downloading to the mail client?

It is usually up to the client what they want to download, how many
times they do it (a user may have different clients and may reconfigure
them to drop and re-add an account, etc.), and when they delete from the
server.  I'd be surprised if any servers strictly limit repeat
downloads.  On the other hand, any sensible mail client will track the
messages it already has and not download them again.  If something is
doing it repeatedly it is probably broken.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com