[CentOS] centos 4.8 dvd on virtualbox x86_64

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Feb 24 08:08:46 UTC 2010

I just installed VirtualBox latest version on a new Win7 Pro x86_64
desktop, and tried to create a 64bit CentOS 4.8 install for doing some
procedural testing...  all install attempts hung at the samme place,
shortly after grub, it hangs at...

Dquot-cache hash table entries: 512 (order 0, 4096 bytes)

sadly, I didn't capture the rest of the console output prior to that.

32bit 4.8 boots and installs just fine. CPU is a Intel Core2Duo E7600
which supposedly has VT-x. System is a Dell Optiplex 755 (Intel G45 chipset)

anyone got a clue ?