[CentOS] Recommended PCIe SATA/SAS Controller?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Feb 25 01:53:01 UTC 2010

Christopher Chan wrote:
> So what chipset would you recommend for non-raid, SATA solution?

the OP said SAS/SATA without specifying how many ports, or what sort of
connectors, or internal vs external...  I've already suggested the range
of LSI Logic boards to fit various IO scenarios.

Now, if what he really wants is just a bunch of SATA ports then I am at
a loss,   my 2U servers tend to use SAS or FC (or ni older boxes, SCSI)
storage.  The Marvell SATA chips have a problem-prone history.   I've
used SIL stuff on desktops, but i don't think they are server grade.