[CentOS] Email Problem

Susan Day suzieprogrammer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:34:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Simon Billis <simon at houxou.com> wrote:

> > Why?
> That is a good question - I "guess" that google's email system thinks
> you're
> sending them spam. If you want your mail to be accepted you may need to
> have
> implemented SPF and domainkeys.

Oh, lovely. As if I didn't have enough work to do...Thanks, google.

> You can also try to send mail to your google address by hand i.e. telnet to
> google's mail platform on port 25 and mimic the smtp conversation by hand
> see if you can get any further....

I've not done this before. Here's what I did. Please see if this looks

[root]# telnet mail.mydomain.com 25
Connected to mail.mydomain.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.mydomain.com ESMTP
HELO mail.mydomain.com
250 mail.mydomain.com
MAIL FROM suzie at mydomain.com
250 ok
RCPT TO suzieprogrammer at gmail.com
250 ok
DATA testing
354 go ahead
250 ok 1267194591 qp 11432
221 mail.mydomain.com
Connection closed by foreign host.

I didn't receive any message. Time for domainkeys?