[CentOS] Email Problem

Susan Day suzieprogrammer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:34:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Simon Billis <simon at houxou.com> wrote:

> > Why?
>
> That is a good question - I "guess" that google's email system thinks
> you're
> sending them spam. If you want your mail to be accepted you may need to
> have
> implemented SPF and domainkeys.

Oh, lovely. As if I didn't have enough work to do...Thanks, google.

> You can also try to send mail to your google address by hand i.e. telnet to
> google's mail platform on port 25 and mimic the smtp conversation by hand
> see if you can get any further....

I've not done this before. Here's what I did. Please see if this looks
correct:

[root]# telnet mail.mydomain.com 25
Trying 209.216.9.56...
Connected to mail.mydomain.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.mydomain.com ESMTP
HELO mail.mydomain.com
250 mail.mydomain.com
MAIL FROM suzie at mydomain.com
250 ok
RCPT TO suzieprogrammer at gmail.com
250 ok
DATA testing
354 go ahead
.
250 ok 1267194591 qp 11432
quit
221 mail.mydomain.com
Connection closed by foreign host.
[root]#

I didn't receive any message. Time for domainkeys?
TIA,
Susan