[CentOS] Temperature sensor

Benjamin Franz jfranz at freerun.com
Fri Feb 26 16:13:56 UTC 2010

Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Does anyone know of a cheap temperature sensor that will work with
> Linux?  I don't need a fancy monitoring appliance, I just want a simple
> sensor that I can connect to one of my monitoring servers to let me know
> if the server room is getting hot
There is a good chance that lm-sensors supports your servers with no
additional hardware needed. To configure lm-sensors, run
'sensors-detect' as root. If your cpu/motherboard is supported you will
be able to read system temps directly either using SNMP or by scraping
'sensors' output.

--
Benjamin Franz