[CentOS] Temperature sensor

Dale Dellutri daledellutri at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:23:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at buc.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a cheap temperature sensor that will work with
> Linux?  I don't need a fancy monitoring appliance, I just want a simple
> sensor that I can connect to one of my monitoring servers to let me know
> if the server room is getting hot.

I;m not sure what you consider "cheap".  I've  used a Sensatronics Model E4,
for which I've written my own daemon software to take a reading and log it
every x minutes.  I've also had a Sensaphone Model 1104 which can
automatically call multiple phone numbers and play a message about
fault conditions.

Each of these were in the $400 to $600 range (with sensors).

--
Dale Dellutri