[CentOS] Temperature sensor

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:24:19 UTC 2010

Try the Dallas/Maxim 1-wire system.  They have serial port
controllers with an RJ11 jack so you can use a phone cable
to the sensor.  I got one of their temp sensors and a cheap
RJ11 jack from Radio Shack and had a remote temp sensor.

They use a simple serial protocol and some of the controllers
are "smart" like the DS9097U $28 or so for the controller:
  http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/2983
  http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/2923

For temperature DS28EA00:
  http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/5355