[CentOS] emergency! linux kickstart pxe boot needed

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 16:51:18 UTC 2010

Hey folks,

I'm at colocaiton in the middle of a big rebuild and it seems I have a
faulty CD rom in the server that I need to put Centos on via
Kickstart.   So I cannot boot the Centos 5.4 net install CD.

Is PXE kickstart easy to set up?  I have a laptop here with DHCP
already going.   I google and a bunch of stuff comes up but it does
not look simple.

I'm just shooting htis out ther eon the odd chance someone gets it
soon nad knows of a really easy howto for this

thanks!